Friday, April 25, 2008

Business Travel at its finest!

Well well......finally I'm going to a lovely resort in Kauntan, Malaysia on BUSINESS! When I heard that its going to be Hyatt, I instantly went online and since then I've been dreaming about the place. After I looked at the outdoor shot, I went to my wardrobe to check the condition of my swimsuit. It was in tatters. Without any further adieu, I took tremendous pains to visit a sports shop (strangely a very rare thing in Bangalore actually) and bought a brand new swimsuit. Its time that I treat my "land"sick-ness by soaking myself in the sea for as long as possible.

Unfortunately, its not going to be very long. My trip will last for 4 days and I'll be back in Bangalore on May 1. However, that's how business travel should be. Actual fun and height of your importance comes from the fact that people are willing to fly you off long distances for short meetings. You should ideally be spending much less time at work than in air. But to the misery of senior executives, they are given company jets so that they have an alternative (sometimes main) office on air.

I beg to differ from people who think highly of long trips to US/Europe and feel happy about it. I see many IT companies using "on-site" assignments to keep people longer on their rolls. I can only term these trips as "slave labour in ghettos" and especially when it comes to US, I get sick to my bones.

Time to think about some fish crackers, roti canai, satay, and nasi lemak!

No comments: