Saturday, March 22, 2008

Are things getting better?

Well it seems like they are if this article in Mint by S.Mitra Kalita is to be believed.

At the onset, this one also seemed like a silly idea like many others from the autocratic monarchy that rules IITs. But something really drastic was needed to bring back the people to lounges, TV room, canteen, football field, gaali fights, and all other things that make men out of boys (and of course women out of girls). And "LAN Ban" was drastic by any measures. It was like choking someone out of air because one's mind tend to get so addicted to that information pollution floating around. Generally bitter medicines work more effectively.

I had already left when this happened. But I do feel the pain responsible for this regulation, the pain that kids went through initially and the joy that this promises to bring. Let me hope that it works this time, that students and teachers can trust each other once again. My fingers are crossed. Amen!

1 comment:

Dhaarini said...

Much as I hate policing it does make sense in a way....only where I come from, girls find better ways of getting over/ around/through a rule and hence results like these may not be apparent and here I refer to cell phone bans in girls colleges like mine...